I'm too young to remember the first few years of Summerfest. I wasn't allowed to go there until I was about ten years old, and that was with adult supervision. Still my Summerfest Milwaukee memories are vivid. See if you remember any of these items.
- Lemonaid Stands that put real lemon wedges in the drinks
- The North Stage with those huge wooden benches
- The midway at the south end
- The Rock Stage at the south end, pointing north, and blasting the grounds with rock music
- The various ways to sneak onto the grounds, including swimming around the barrier
- The festival park being wide open during the off season
- Naughty things going on along the rocks at the lake shore
- The theme song "Summerfest '72."